Intro

I have been taking pictures of my food rather excessively since I got my HTC Touch Diamond, and decided that I should start a dedicated food blog. So yes, this is yet another Singapore food blog. There are just so many food blogs around - some casual, some professional. I myself am a regular reader of Dr. Leslie Tay's food blog, ieatishootipost.

But reading other people's opinion on food is one thing. I like to give my opinion too. But then, I am no food connoisseur. Yes, I might like something, but I may not be able to give an analytic breakdown of what exactly is great or otherwise. So I guess this places me more toward the "casual" food blog.

What I hope sets me apart is that I strive to offer a balanced review. I try to avoid the extreme route that seems to be the one most people take - when they have a bad experience, be it service or food, everything else about that establishment is tainted. The second thing is that I will, as far as possible, avoid any sort of rating system. This is why I do not write at HungryGoWhere. HGW requires rating several aspects of an eating place - service, value, food and ambience. My gripe with this is that such rating systems are completely arbitrary. One person's 7 might be another's 5. Thus the numbers are meaningless.

The reason I wish to avoid a rating system, even on my own blog, is because I do not want to be restricted by that very system that is meant to display the standard of an establishment at a single glance. As I post more, I would need to rate establishments relative to what I have rated in the past. For example, say I rated X 4.5, and rated Y 4.0, and Z is better than Y but not as good as X. Then I need to decide a point between 4.0 and 4.5. Imagine my difficulty as this gap gets reduced.

So to summarise, this is just another Singapore food blog offering casual, balanced reviews with no ratings. :)

Contact me

You may contact me using the form below:


Name
Email
Message
Image Verification
Please enter the text from the image

[ Refresh Image ] [ What's This? ]

0 comments: